[Sca-cooks] Food in 1632? sorta OP/OT

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 17:32:21 PST 2003

Olaf asked:
> I am on another list that is run by Baen Publishing.  The list is for
> people who are submitting stories based on the SF books 1632 &
> 1633-basic
> story a 20th Century West VA coal mining town slips back in time to
> Germany
> in the years 1632.

> What I would like ... is for a list of meats, vegetables, beverages,
> grains,
> herbs & spices with relative values if they are known that would be
> available
> to either a noble or a peasant for the 1632 time frame.
You might want to point folks to these files in the COMMERCE section of
the Florilegium:
p-prices-msg      (59K) 11/ 7/01    Prices for medieval items.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMMERCE/p-prices-msg.html
p-prices-srcs-art (11K)  4/14/02    "A review of useful sources for
Period
                                        Prices" by Lord Anton de Stoc.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMMERCE/p-prices-srcs-art.html

Are these two books that have already been published? What are their
titles? Or are the titles 1632 and 1633? I sometimes like these kinds
of story.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas