[Sca-cooks] My Christmas dinner & LOOT

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Fri Dec 26 06:16:50 PST 2003

We had a nice ham {hickory smoked, no water adulteration} with baked
{whole}sweet potatoes, and creamed peas & onions.  The Mistress had been
"munching" and grazing the day away with  little potted cheese goos,
crackers & beef log  along with the various baked sweets.  I'd been baking
bread for my upcoming Italian Feast.

    The LOOT is way cool!  A set of Henkels!!! :) :) :)  Chef, paring,
carving set & cleaveer with sharpening blade (is that the right term?)  A
Rolpat, and two bread books: _The Bread Bible_  & _Crust & Crumb_.  Also
some strange foodie items, like Galanga Powder,   product of Thailand, (is
this galingale?) and a can of Quail eggs to play with.

    Tempertures have been low 50's, this week, with a chance of rain
yesterday (didn't happen).   HOWEVER I awoke to SNOW falling briskly  ("a
light snow") at 30F.

Blessed Christmas everyone!
Caointiarn