[Sca-cooks] My Christmas dinner

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 26 11:22:42 PST 2003

>Oh you poor thing!  So did that lunch turn out to be a joke?  Sounds like
>it was (or should have been) followed up about 15 minutes later with the
>real thing!

Um...nope. That was lunch. Along with the ferrets Ly. Sara also
brought some of the lasagne they had for dinner which I quickly
wolfed down. I also had some re-heated store-bought apple
cobbler! Yum!

I'll be making some period food for a Laurel vigil this weekend so
I'll eat better then. I was thinking about roasting a goose for a
nice dinner but I think I'll pass on that too. My roomie and I will
be going to see The Return of the King so that will be enough
of a treat.

>hmm...wonder how that would work for a feast at a silly event....serve the
>stone soup and way overdone hotwings with crackers, then bring out the real
>first course...hmmm..could be funny..

But, too many people would either a: think that was the feast or
b: prefer that to a decent feast.

>Olwen, who *did* cook a goose! (filled with fruits and rasins that
>languished in Grand Gala overnight)

Yum! I'll have to try that.

Gunthar