[Sca-cooks] Italian Nougat recipe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 21:40:13 PST 2003

AEllin replied to me with:
> Your inquiry was not on the list, but that's the shop Adamantius was
> raving about (and I was agreeing with him about) in the Pistachio
> Marzipan thread.
Okay, then it was the shop that was confusing me. I remembered
discussing that shop here. I probably just copied Adamantius on my
reply since she was looking for a local source in NYC.

While the web site you gave looked interesting, it was mainly kitchen
tools and such. They did have a number of chocolate molds though. I
guess this neat, nifty chocolate shop you and Adamantius have been
talking about doesn't have a website, does it? :-( NYC is a bit of a
drive to pick up some chocolate or even rice paper.
> And thank you for posting the Nougat recipe! I haven't seen it in shops
> in ages, and I keep having customers ask about it. Not that I can
> really
> stand in a store handing out recipes...  but it may be useful to know
> how it can be made if someone I know looks for it!
I also saw a period recipe for nougat as I was adding some more stuff
to my candy-msg file. I've never made nougat before. Does it really
need this edible rice paper? The lady that sent the recipe replied to
me that it was too sticky to eat without the rice paper. I was
wondering if the paper was just for looks and whether I could get away
with making some, perhaps with just the cost of uglier looking nougat
if I substituted something else. Or does anyone know where this edible
rice paper might be available by mail order?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com