[Sca-cooks] gravy

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Dec 28 20:25:06 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/28/2003 10:26:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
phlip at 99main.com writes:
Yeah, that's the original way I was taught to make it, but since then, I've
run into people who thicvken it with flour or corn meal.
I've never seen that, but then again, there's LOTSA things I've never
seen.... if I ever do, I'll ask why.....

And Stefan? Real ham has enough fat to make drippings. If it doesn't, most
country folk I know add a bit of bacon grease- never butter.
Nope, never butter in the red eye, but I HAVE added butter to the fat in
white gravy, which is considered as great a sin by some folk ....

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke