Sausage gravy- was Re: [Sca-cooks] gravy

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Mon Dec 29 11:46:51 PST 2003

Also sprach CorwynWdwd at aol.com:

>Don't laugh... in a Food for Boys class *mumblemumble* years ago I made fried
>hot dogs and gravy. Come to think on it it weirded the teacher out too....

Can't imagine why ;-)

>I've also been known to make fried balony and gravy.

I'm reminded of Russell Baker's "Francs and Beans" essay, with its
description of Fried Bologna, a la Nutley, Nouveau Jersey. Inquiring
minds want to know if it was a cream gravy, redeye gravy (which
actually sounds not too hideous) or something else.

>  I'm sure everyone on the
>list has horror tales to tell about times of tight money <G>.

I remember a summer where I discovered canned mackerel fillets for
ridiculously cheap, at a time when even canned tuna was expensive. I
don't remember cooking anything really embarrassing with them,
though. I'm sure, with a little thought, I'll remember something,
though.

Adamantius