Sausage gravy- was Re: [Sca-cooks] gravy

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Dec 29 17:26:19 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> lol, i dont add sage to sausage gravy...only think i learned to season
> it with is pepper. the sage in it comes from the breakfast sausage=)

Actually, I usually don't, if I'm starting with good sausage, but some of
the tube packages will have weird blends of spices, and need a bit of help.

My favorite, though, in the north, was the bulk sausage made at the Big Bear
in Zanesville- in the south, those transplanted SAouth Africans my mother
discovered in N. Carolina have about the best. I haven't found anything
really good around here yet, so umtil I do, I'll put up with Jimmy Dean.
Just wish I could find Bob Evans in the groceries locally- until I find a
good local butcher, they'd be about the best available.

> now if we can get rob to not burn the biscuits...
>
> margali

Need to get him to watch Emeril more often- at least once per show, Emeril
talks about using stoves at less than full blast. Can't wait until I get him
on my forge- wanna make a pool about how much steel he'll burn up once he
figures out heating it makes it easier to work? I wish you could have seen
him at Pennsic, putting the piece in the forge long enough to get it warm,
then whaling away at it until it was past cool to cold, with that 6 lb
sledge. He sure has a lot of energy ;-) Myself, every time I swing a hammer,
I want to move some metal- and if it doesn't move under my 24 oz ball pein,
it either needs more heat, or it's one of the weirder alloys.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.