[Sca-cooks] garlic and horseradish

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 09:15:38 PST 2003

>Serena replied to me with:
>> > Serena da Riva commented:
>> > Stefan> And the recipe is?
>>
>>I am sorry Stefan, I have been out of town and I missed this question.
>That's okay. It's not like there was a deadline.
>>I am afraid that there is no recipe. It was at an event and I had some
>>time
>>(and lots of pre-peeled garlic) on my hands. I decided to make a sauce. So
>>ground up some grains of paradise and some long pepper. I added a hefty
>>handful of garlic cloves then added some stock and bread crumbs that I
>>had around. Add a handy-dandy wand blender and process until smooth.
><snip of the rest of the recipe evolution>
>I do have a pint? of raw, shelled garlic I picked up several days ago and I
>know I have grains of paradise and long pepper, if I can find it after the
>move, so I may try this.
>
>Thanks,
>   Stefan

I'm with you Stefan.  Serena, to calm that sauce down a bit, I bet if you
pre-roasted those bulbs of garlic it would bring down the heat.  It would
probably add a nice flavor and aroma to the sauce as well.
Olwen who just bought a pork shoulder to take to Baronial 12th Night, now I
gotta make this sauce!