[Sca-cooks] noodles OOP

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Feb 5 14:09:01 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
> In a message dated 2/5/2003 1:59:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com writes:
> > A while ago I bought a bag of rye noodles, which are basically egg
noodles
> > made with rye flour instead of wheat.
> > Anybody have any suggestions (besides corned beef, anyway) as to
what I
> > could serve these with?
> >
> From: <Bronwynmgn at aol.com>
> Some sort of a sour cream or cream cheese based sauce, with dill in
it.
> I love rye bread with cream cheese and dill, or sourcream and dill
dip, so...
> Brangwayna Morgan

This sounds like a job for Stroganoff Man!  Seriously, this looks like
a perfect fit . . . tender beef chunks, paprika, onions, savory sauce
and a good, dense noodle.  The sour cream is what gigged me on this;
stir it in for that ever so familiar tang.  Green Salad and baked Apple
Dumplings, or whole pear pies, and you've got a glorious meal.

Sorry, no Beef/Lamb Stroganoff recipes in hand.  There are scads out
there on www.recipesource.com as well as in any of the New Better Homes
and Gardens Cookbook.  Good recipes may be another story.  Basically,
seared sirloin tips with sauteed onions in a sauce made with tomato
paste, wine, sweet paprika and some other spices.  Paprikash would be
another idea for Eastern European fare.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco