[Sca-cooks] Silpat

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 8 21:38:56 PST 2003

I've been hearing so much about these non-stick sheets for baking,
and I decided to try them for myself.  I just did a batch of
bizcochos -- wheat starch, sugar, and egg yolks -- there's a recipe
that really tends to stick to pans.  Even from a buttered non-stick
pan, it's hard to get them up cleanly.  Do it too soon, and the soft
cookie may break at the spatula's first touch.  Do it too late, and
the now-hard bizcochos are glued to the surface (and tend to
shatter if forced).  They peel cleanly off the Silpat like a dream, so
long as you let them cool first.

Happy happy joy joy!

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net