[Sca-cooks] Re: Trimaris, Re: PM Proposal

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 9 08:26:45 PST 2003

Cecily is right about our three or four large events.  Estrella War, of course, is much larger, average numbers there being in the 5 to 8 thousand range.  Highlands War (which we don't have some years due to annual fire restrictions) averages around the 400 mark, as does Southern Crusades and both of our two Coronations a year.  Crown tourneys can also get this big.  But our smaller weekend events can be quite small.  I've been to kingdom level events where only 30 people showed (PPP&P where I got my AoA, for instance.)  Baronial events are usually in the 100-people-or-less range for BofA, and even less for the other Baronies.  Arizona is in the 4 to 5 million population range.  Of course, over 3 million of that is in the Greater Phoenix area, where we have 3 baronies in a 3600 square mile area.  I would suppose that our population density would have something to do with event size, except that Coronations in Flagstaff and Tucson are just as well attended as those in Phoenix.  (Then again, by Spring Coronation all us Valle del Sol people will go just about anyplace that's cooler than Phoenix on any excuse.)
I don't think the $3.00 non-member surcharge is going to affect our attendance numbers appreciably, but I still think it's a bad idea.  I believe it has the potential to create a sort of "us vs. them" attitude.
Mordonna

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt