[Sca-cooks] Cookshop food

Maud Aleyns mongolwoman at lycos.com
Thu Feb 13 08:51:25 PST 2003

Greetings fellow cooks!

I have a repeat query for you, but I'll introduce myself since I've been absent from the list for a while.

I'm Maud Aleyns, apprentice to Mistress Audelindis deRheims in the field of Domestic Arts Research, resident of the Barony of Sternfeld, and devoted cook.  I specialize mostly in 14th & 15th century English cooking, although I love many types of cooking and food.  I also love baking, particularly breads.

I'm hoping to work up a menu for a Cookshop, preferably in the 15th century or so.  I asked this question a while ago, and several people were very helpful, but I've gone through my archived emails and I can't find the information.

If anyone could direct me toward good resources which mention cookshops and the types of food served, I would appreciate it.  Thank you for your help.

In Service,
Maud
---
Maud Aleyns, APF, CW
Barony of Sternfeld, Khanate Lost Dragon
(formerly known as Moira Catherine Mathews)
mka Ellen Schuck
Indianapolis, IN
http://mongolwoman.tripod.com/index.html