[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #3236 - 19 msgs

Matthew & Maribeth Mitchell cloister at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 24 16:14:39 PST 2003

AMAC

On
>> Given the amount of things that one needs to acquire,
>> I would put off major outdoor kitchen purchases until
>> you have been to many events. Take the opportunity
>> to wander around and ask people what works and doesn't,
>> what things cost or where they can be purchased. You'll
>> come up with enough ideas to keep you busy for quite a few
>> months. Make notes and keep a notebook with addresses.
>> Also you need to think about transporting what you buy
>> along with all the other SCA equipment and then all the
>> needed mundane equipment besides.
>>
>> This is very good advice, our hourseholde has a twenty by forty foot
> pavillion seating for 60 and complete Cook trailer (large smoker, warmeing
> oven, three burner stove) we call it the tavern and set up at the major
> events to feed the populace. then there is the "smaller" trailer that
> contains the cook center for the campsite (5 X 8 Foot) trailer, holding 10'
> X 20' pavillion, stove, oven pots pans etc:) I liked it better whe I lived
> with small propane stove and three pots. Course then again when we go to
> event, the householde feast in camp  puts kingdom feast to shame: guess its
> worth it:)
>
> Elric
>

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 17
> Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:35:32 -0500
> From: vongraph <vongraph at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] New to sca list
> To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
>
> Make notes and keep a notebook with addresses.
>> Also you need to think about transporting what you buy
>> along with all the other SCA equipment and then all the
>> needed mundane equipment besides.
>>
> another point to remember, there is old saying that you will find applies:)
>
> "You know when your in the SCA when your friend asks you to go camping and
> he shows up with a back pack and you have a U Haul" :)  THIS IS VERY TRUE
> STATEMENT, TRUST ME:)
>
> ELric

Thank you.

It true , we have a min-van I know that I am at most 1/2 way through
purchasing what we want.

So we are considering at looking at something that we can attach to the
bumper for hauling. We have two tents, a couple of rugs, something to sleep
one, chairs, table and other things I can not recall.

I am more than full.

 I have a three day event that is coming up quickly and so that we can use
all of that lovely stuff.

My plan is to make few things a head of time . Some of these frozen flat to
help preserve them. To buy some goods when we get there. I would also like
to have some things chopped perhaps measured placed in bags ready to go.
Such as some sort of stew or bread. Just add liquid and heat.

This maybe a dream.

But I am trying to form a menu.

Thank again

 Tsara