[Sca-cooks] Beer Alc was (MY DAY IN CLASS)

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 3 10:36:41 PST 2003

Greetings,

US law states that beer companies cannot display the alchohol content in a prominent manner on their packaging. The
rationale behind this was a fear that if companies could advertise based on the alchol content then there would be an
escalating "beer war" with the alchol content rising and a corresponding rise in drunk driving ect....

The reason I know this is that I used to work in printing packaging and there are strict rules about how big of type
that the alc content can be listed in and where on the package it can appear. Same for nutritional labels.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva