[Sca-cooks] Needing Help with Serving a Feast....

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Feb 3 20:40:53 PST 2003

At 11:00 PM 2/3/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok I need some documentation material, and MY LOCAL library has
>basically zilch.
>So I overheard at an event about a period feast that was essentially as
>follows...
>Folks walk in and nibbly type stuff is on the table... (Ie appetizers)
>Dates, Olives, beverage, etc...
>The food is served. BAM and I mean everything but the dessert.  Let's
>say everything from a 3 courser type meal, I am thinking 1-2 salads, 3
>veggies, 3 meats, a pie or 2, and uhm 2-3 breads.
>Now this was for a smaller feast... when it was referenced at said SCA
>feast....  but I simply can't remember the documentation and he hasn't
>replied...
>Now third course is of course dessert.....
>So essentially we have a meal served in 3 but it is a different set of
>"courses" I mean all of the main food goes out at once.
>So how's about some help folks?  I have tried searching and can't focus
>on the task,.... something about a Baby will do that I guess.
>
>So ok I eagerly await ya'lls response...
>Nichola

I honestly have no idea. I've seen a lot of feast accounts and waded
through a fair amount of service instructions (been there, seen that, wrote
the book), and I don't know of anything that resembles that.

No idea wherer it was from? Time, place, culture might help.

'Lainie
-and yes, a Baby will do that.