[Sca-cooks] urine uses

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Feb 4 01:48:58 PST 2003

At 08:39 AM 2/4/03 +0100, you wrote:
>Laura C. Minnick <lcm at efn.org> [2003.02.04] wrote:
>> And if you think urine is really sterile, change a diaper. I dare ya.
>
>Was that offer open to all of us? What else is the contents of the dare?

Anyone brave enough, I suppose :-) I don't know the contents- I've ssen
some pretty interesting diaper contents in my day!

>Actually male urine is more often sterile than female, if I'm not
>misinformed. This is due to the lenght of the urethra, not some inherent
>feature of personal hygiene. Of course if you then pour this sterile
>liquid through a region which have not seen soap and water for a year
>and a day the end result is not sterile by any means.

Well, yes. Rather what I was getting at. I _still_ don't want to drink it!

>Spit OTOH could be used. But then the question is if you rather get
>amylase based processes...

I don't know. My question is more one of 'how on earth did they find out
that this worked?' They didn't know about bacteria or of amylase processes-
they did know that is you did this, it worked. But the point of discovery
is what intrigues me... I mean, I don't go around spitting or urinating
into food containers. How did this happen?

>UlfR
> father since 5 months, and thus well aquantied with damp cloth diapers
> and young "table fountains"

Just wait- about a year or so from now, your Little Darling will swallow a
button, or a nickel, or a Lego, or a subway token. And then you will hover,
praying for 'diaper surprise', and having truly disgusting conversations
with your wife about the end result...

Always said my children were my riches... ;-D)

'Lainie