[Sca-cooks] urine uses

UlfR parlei at algonet.se
Tue Feb 4 02:26:09 PST 2003

Laura C. Minnick <lcm at efn.org> [2003.02.04] wrote:
> Well, yes. Rather what I was getting at. I _still_ don't want to drink it!

Fair enough.

> I don't know. My question is more one of 'how on earth did they find out
> that this worked?'

Serendipity?

> They didn't know about bacteria or of amylase processes-
> they did know that is you did this, it worked. But the point of discovery
> is what intrigues me... I mean, I don't go around spitting or urinating
> into food containers. How did this happen?

Revenge in the case of urine? As to tthe amylase bit I would guess the
same way many other amylase based drinks was discovered by hymanity.
This might be a non-answer, but who would know?

Actually I would like to see some real documentation before I bother
giving it much thought.

> Just wait- about a year or so from now, your Little Darling will swallow a
> button, or a nickel, or a Lego, or a subway token. And then you will hover,
> praying for 'diaper surprise', and having truly disgusting conversations
> with your wife about the end result...

Having spent parts of my youth poking at animal feces (you can find out
lots of stuff about diet that way...) I don't really think it will
bother me much. I'm trying to figure out how to trigger my ick-factor,
and having a hard time. There are stuff I'd rather avoid (the nastier
radioactives and mutagens, homeopathy, etc) but few or no strong "icks".

UlfR

UlfR                                             par at hunter-gatherer.org
"I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome
things that money can buy." -- Steve Martin