[Sca-cooks] Needing Help with Serving a Feast....

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Tue Feb 4 15:44:33 PST 2003

Welp let's see I am not to worried about time as I am using recipes from
all over the time range for SCA...
We aren't really even setting a place,  however knowing the person that
this conversation was with I would wager England as a place, and roughly
1200-1400 or so.
This is for a small enough group that we are only mildly concerned with
time and place this time around although that might change.... I dunno
yet I am still deciding that.
I think basically what I am looking for is to see if this style of
serving was done at all...
And the method I am thinking (just for a better description) is similar
to "Family Style" dining where all the dishes are on the table everyone
sits down and eats, and then dessert is presented (if they have
dessert).   This is for a group of about 30 and I want it to be a little
less formal and more I dunno...
I did originally tickle the idea of going with an Middle Eastern style
hall set up but am not sure if that would work now... (thus the I am
still deciding)
I should probably go and check the flourilegium... everything else is in
there... lol
Nichola