[Sca-cooks] Feast photos

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 6 10:51:01 PST 2003

On 6 Feb 2003, at 15:05, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Thanks Brighid! Say, nice carrot.

Thanks.

> Who did it, you?

Yes.  I had a vague idea that I might do this for all the tables, but I
just didn't have time.

>Was the end result sticky?

Not really.  I let the paste chill a bit in the fridge before I worked
with it.  Then I let the carrot air-dry for a couple of days.  While it
was still on the softer side, I used various implements to give it the
right texture.

> What method of grinding the apricots was used?

Food processor.  I added a few drops of water so the dried apricots
would be pureed rather than chopped, and so the sanders would
blend well.

> Nice turnip too.

The purple is food coloring.  On another occasion, I might try
berries or other natural colors.

> It is always so nice to see photos.

Jadwiga can testify that just before we left the house I was
muttering, "Where's the camera?  Olwen will kill me if I don't have
pictures!"

> We get to see faces
> as well as food and serving styles.  Say.  Those large white serving
> bowls you used are pretty nice. Olwen

Our barony has recently invested in new serving gear.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net