[Sca-cooks] Feast photos

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 11:17:08 PST 2003

didn't have time.

> >Was the end result sticky?
>
>Not really.  I let the paste chill a bit in the fridge before I worked
>with it.  Then I let the carrot air-dry for a couple of days.  While it
>was still on the softer side, I used various implements to give it the
>right texture.
>
> > What method of grinding the apricots was used?
>
>Food processor.  I added a few drops of water so the dried apricots
>would be pureed rather than chopped, and so the sanders would
>blend well.
>
> > Nice turnip too.
>
>The purple is food coloring.  On another occasion, I might try
>berries or other natural colors.
>
> > It is always so nice to see photos.
>
>Jadwiga can testify that just before we left the house I was
>muttering, "Where's the camera?  Olwen will kill me if I don't have
>pictures!"
>
> > We get to see faces
> > as well as food and serving styles.  Say.  Those large white serving
> > bowls you used are pretty nice. Olwen
>
>Our barony has recently invested in new serving gear.
>

>Brighid ni Chiarain *** mka Robin Carroll-Mann

Thanks for the info on the carrot.  I'll have to give it a go.  I'll let you
know the result.
It occured to me that I may actually have the opportunity to ask if I can
assist in the kitchens after I move up to EK.  The way things work in other
places than here will be strange for me to get used to.  Pretty much
everywhere else it is so-and-so's feast and occasionally there is mention
that they had (unnamed) helpers.  And it seems there really are only a
couple of folks who do the thing.  Seems odd to me, but then, in any kitchen
our guild cooks in it is more like a cross between a ballet and a comedy of
errors!  I should post some of the pictures I have of how many folks we can
crowd into one space and still be productive.
Olwen