[Sca-cooks] Feast photos

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 7 22:43:30 PST 2003

Olwen commented:
> It occured to me that I may actually have the opportunity to ask if I can
> assist in the kitchens after I move up to EK.  The way things work in other
> places than here will be strange for me to get used to.  Pretty much
> everywhere else it is so-and-so's feast and occasionally there is mention
> that they had (unnamed) helpers.  And it seems there really are only a
> couple of folks who do the thing.  Seems odd to me, but then, in any kitchen
> our guild cooks in it is more like a cross between a ballet and a comedy of
> errors!
Yes, this brings up the point that it can be all to easy to get off on the wrong foot when you move from one SCA location to another.

I personally haven't had to face this, but then I seem to step on enough toes
locally without having to move.
I would suggest Olwen, and anyone else moving to a new SCA group, to take a
look through this file in the NEWCOMERS section of the Florilegium. Even if
you are far from an SCA newcomer:

SCA-trans-msg     (18K)  1/ 4/96    How to handle the move from one group to
                                       another. For the people in the group too.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/SCA-trans-msg.html

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com