[Sca-cooks] Re:New to list

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Feb 6 12:29:18 PST 2003

> On that note, I'd like to point out that more and more Americans are being
> hit by Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.  This "sensitivity" can cause things
> as simple as slight breathing problems, to full fledged asthma attacks, or
> seizures.  It can be triggered by a perfume, or other scented products.
>
> I would beg y'all to be careful about that.  If you *must* put perfume on,
> put only a little.

It has come to my attention that I am beginning to suffer from Multiple
Allergy/Disability Sensibility. When in the company of people who
discourage me from using the fruits of my labors, and also when around
too many people using inhalers at once, I get red in the face, find it
difficult to breath, and eventually lose my voice.

I'm not allowed to eat nuts at events; I'm not allowed to cook with
mushrooms, fish  and [fill in the blank with everything anyone has an
allergy] and now I'm not allowed to use personal scents?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The art of losing isn't hard to master;/so many things seem filled with
the intent/to be lost that their loss is no disaster.
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster/of lost door keys, the hour
badly spent." -- "One Art", Elizabeth Bishop