[Sca-cooks] Why no alcohol?

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 7 08:33:05 PST 2003

I have heard about not sending goodies made with alcohol into Islamic nations. I know it has/had something to do with alcohol being banned. My question is, would our goodies be sent somewhere in the US and shipped by military transport to bases overseas? Or would we be trying to mail things individually?  Besides, its difficult to tell whether vanilla extract or vanilla sugar was used to make the cookies after they are baked.
Liadan
 Nick Sasso <NJSasso at msplaw.com> wrote:
Cool ideas. Toilet paper, soap, and goodies. Alcohol based ones might
cause trouble in the Islamic nations
pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco