Diabetic- was- Re: [Sca-cooks] Dinner last night & Valentine's Day

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Feb 8 16:49:21 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Just know that to be diabetic is very expensive, food wise you have to get
> yourself to eat healthy foods, and healthy foods are not cheap. Hope you
get
> under control. I am still struggling with control some days are better
than
> others. I will be on medication sooner rather than later.
>
> Good Luck,
> Thorbjorn

I'm afraid I have to take exception to that- healthy food is NOT more
expensive than unhealthy food. Lean meats and fresh veggies in season are
considerably less expensive than the junk foods, garbage, and vitamins that
people eat, trying to pretend they're making up for the sins of their diets.

Yeah, if you do the Yuppie, pseudo macrobiotic binge diets, that can get
pretty expensive, as can things like the Atkins milk shakes- bought 4 -packs
for Margali today, and was amazed to find out they ran over $7. Compare that
to the 10 lbs of chicken quarters I got for $0.39/lb,  75% of which, at
least, is lean, edible flesh, the bunches of collard greens for $0.94/bunch
and the other veggies and milk products.

What you hafta do is take the trouble to make yourself Real Food (tm) out of
Real Ingredients (tm) rather than going for the over-priced,
over-sugared-and-salted, underspiced convenience foods.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,