[Sca-cooks] Blackberry sauce? (was RE: Sca-cooks pounded meat slices)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 10 14:41:08 PST 2003

Now that I am home where I have my notes, I'll be happy to post the recipe.

Bear

Blackberry Sauce

1 1/4 cup blackberries (140g)
1/4 cup Splenda
1/4 teaspoon orange peel
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup water

Mix the ingredients in a small sauce pan.
Bring to boil on medium heat.
Lower the heat and simmer the mixture to reduce, stirring occasionally.
When the mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup, decant into a clean storage
container and refrigerate.

This quantity of sauce is 90 calories, most from the 20 g of carbohydrates
in the berries.  A tablespoon of the sauce is 12 calories and 2.5 g of
carbohydrates  I tend to use frozen berries, but fresh should work.