[Sca-cooks] Favorite Venison recipes

jeanne at atasteofcreole.com jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Wed Feb 12 16:17:04 PST 2003

My favorite recipe is so UNperiod!  When we used to go hunting I'd bring a
8" cast iron skillet. After a fresh kill while daddy was hanging the deer
and wiping it down with milk, I'd start dinner.

I'd put about 2 inches of good oil and put a sprinkling of water.  While it
was heating up I'd take the tenderloin, cut into medallions, dip in Chinese
5 spice powder.  Then lay aside until oil starts popping.

When oil starts popping (because of the water drops in it), I'd put the
medallions in and sear them for about 2-4 minutes each side or until it was
browned.

My other favorite is BACKSTRAP!!

Soffya
http://aeonline.biz/Links.htm