[Sca-cooks] Favorite Venison recipes

Jeanne Papanastasiou jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Mon Feb 17 06:35:18 PST 2003

Honestly, I brought several spice mixtures.  See my aunt owns 500 acres
outside Montgomery, AL and we could hunt as much as we wanted.  BUT we only
did under 10 per season and we used the meat or made sausages and gave/sold
it.

I accidentally brought the 5 spice powder.  On each piece I'd try a
different spice.  Powdered only!  The dried leaves are too bitter after deep
frying.

Anyway, this idea came from one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE pork tenderloin
recopies.  Remember NEVER skimp on ingredients for a recipe!!!

1 pork tenderloin
1 tbsp butter - real stuff
1/2 cup good brandy
3 cups heavy cream
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp red currant jelly
ground sea salt, to taste
ground white pepper, to taste - you don't want the black specks

Heat heavy pan on fire (in Loser-ana we cooked with gas not electric),  Cut
pork in medallions, season (sea salt and white pepper), sauté medallions
until cooked, 3-5 min each side, remove medallions from pan and keep warm.
Deglaze with brandy, flame.  Add cream and start reducing, add rest of
ingredients.  Whisk well to cream everything.  When thickened add pork.
Heat pork thoroughly.

Serve with a pilaf or white rice and a green.  Voila!

Soffya
http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm