Honey Custard was Re: [Sca-cooks] Camp Food)

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Feb 19 11:53:56 PST 2003

There is a recipe for something called Soft Custard like this in the
custard section of _The New Settlement Cookbook_ (my basics bible).
Basically, mix the eggs and milk and sweetener and cook on very low heat
until it's set. This recipe calls for stirring it, but if you were cooking
it in the hot ashes, for instance, you wouldn't have to stir it.

Margaret, who is home sick and thus thinking pudding thoughts anyway