[Sca-cooks] wierd flours, baking with

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 23 19:30:05 PST 2003

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa asked:
> Anyway, we were looking for books that have recipes for bread with
> different grain flours in it, including things like barley flour, pea
> flour, etc. Anybody know of some good titles?
You might find some of the info and recipes in these files in the Florilegium of interest:
bread-msg        (185K)  9/19/01    Medieval breads and grains.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/bread-msg.html
brd-mk-ethnic-msg (27K) 11/15/01    Making various ethnic breads. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/brd-mk-ethnic-msg.html
brd-mk-flat-msg   (68K)  8/26/02    Period flat or unleavened bread recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/brd-mk-flat-msg.html
brd-mk-sour-msg   (96K) 12/29/02    Breadmaking -Period sourdough bread recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/brd-mk-sour-msg.html
flour-msg         (60K)  5/25/02    Types of flour. Sources. Period flour.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/flour-msg.html

I believe there are various books mentioned and reviewed in these files as well.

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com