[Sca-cooks] Sugar Paste, Not Dead Flesh!

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 27 10:29:50 PST 2003

>I've had a look at the picture Olwen mentioned
>http://www.shado.info/ct-11-02-2002/DSCN0316.JPG
>and it is just too fun!  Our barony is going to have new
>baronial coronets made, hmmm, maybe we need to
>do up "rough drafts" in edible form?
>
>Selene C.

Thanks Selene.  I'll pass your compements along to Morningstar.  The crown
and hilt were painted with powdered gilt and the candy seed pearls were
attatched with rosewater and a little marziplate.  It was a hoot.  They
ended up eating almost the whole thing, passing it around the hall in the
end.  She did the work on the "lame duck" whose pictures can also be found
at that picture site.  It was her second "lame duck".

That was a fun event to play at.  We kept up the surprizes and solties all
day long and the Crown loved it!
Ya know, Morningstar should be awarded a Pearl for all her incredible soltie
work.  But heck, it took almost 13 years for her to even get an AoA (which
she got at that event).
Olwen