[Sca-cooks] Kosher Turkey Sausage

Carol Eskesen Smith BrekkeFranksdottir at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 28 17:45:43 PST 2003

Thanks also, Avraham.  Next time, try adding a little garlic.  It's a non-period variation I worked out years ago, listed below.  You could probably make the same substitution of chicken fat and ground turkey for the meats here, and omit the cheese, with similar results.  This is a flavorful sausage; the other recipe is blander.  If you must remove the eggs (though I don't see why, if you then plan to coat eggs), add more liquid.  Water is acceptable, wine would be nicer.
Again, Regards,
Brekke

Many years ago, when I first did this, I used this recipe as a basis, but used half pork and half veal, and used the following ingredients:
Veal 1 lb
Pork 1 lb
Marjoram 0.5 tsp
Parsley 0.5 tsp
Sage 1.5 tsp
Garlic 2 cloves or to taste
Fennel 0.25 tsp
Egg Yolks 2
Parmesan Cheese, Grated 0.5 Cup
Salt 1 tsp
Thyme 0.25 tsp
Casings
This is a good sausage recipe; it’s just not the recipe I was trying to redact.