[Sca-cooks] Question about copyright

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Jan 10 05:58:16 PST 2003

Hi, gang!
I'm hoping one or two of you will know the answer to this one, or can
point me in the right directions....
A lady in my kingdom is putting together a cookbook of recipes that some
of the kingdom's cooks have used, together with commentary we provide on
our recipes.  She's making about 500 copies, and, IIRC, it'll be used as
a kingdom fundraiser.
I don't *have* any recipes that are uniquely, fundamentally, my own.  I
did, however, do a whole bunch of redacting for an event last
fall--recipes from the Perry translation of the Anon. Andalusian
Cookbook that His Grace has on his website.
Would it be okay to send my redactions in, with appropriate notation
about my sources and the translator, etc.? Do I need written permission?
Any advice would be lovely, thanks!
--maire