[Sca-cooks] Apicius Query

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 5 10:23:12 PST 2003

As a judgement call (I haven't seen the book), this is not a translation,
but a linguist's study of meaning and usage.  The concordance will be an
alphabetical list of each appearance of the words in the text with usage
notes.  The lexical analysis will be of the precise meaning of the words as
related to the usage.  There will probably be a transcription of the
original document and there may be a translation.

Without seeing the book, I can't give you a recommendation, but if you are
dealing with Latin transcriptions and original meaning the book might be an
invaluable reference.

Bear