[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP: Where to live?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 8 14:52:25 PST 2003

At 02:02 PM 1/8/03 -0800, you wrote:
>I am purely speculating, i have no real plans to move, but...
<snip>
>So, i've been wondering... where would people recommend? Any suggestions?
>
>Or should i just stay here, in this nearly perfect place :-)
>
>Anahita

well, I would say Ashland, Oregon, which has all of the positives you
mention, is considerable warmer and drier than most of Western Oregon, has
all of the cultural amenities, is very liberal, etc.

BUT

The living expenses are nearly that of SF (tho some insist they are lower-
I only know what friends who have lived in both places say) and the Oregon
economy and jobmarket are nothing short of pathetic right now.

have you thought of Texas? Way conservative mostly, but the weather is more
to your taste, and I know that an awful lot of Oregonians have left for the
Promised Land in Houston. OTOH, they spend a lot of time whining about
wanting to come home...

I agree with Muirdeach (*gasp*!)- wherever you go, there you are. It's all
a toss-up.

'Lainie