[Sca-cooks] Re: Safety

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Jan 13 14:35:02 PST 2003

that depends on the hand goo.  i participated in a research study on a few
brands (no i dont know which.. they had them in bottle "a" bottle "b" and so
on...)
some brands worked great, some...didnt.

and most SCA cooks i have seen are not wearing gloves to do things like
knead dough, peel eggs, etc.

last time i helped in a kitchen i was  handed hand goo to "wash up" and then
set to the task of making salad, by tearing the lettuce.
that was a bare hands on food job......... i wahsed my hands first, but no
one asked me to, they asked me to use the hand goo
(and at that they were doing better than many non SCA cooking experiences i
have had)
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."