[Sca-cooks] Re: Safety (now catering gloves)

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Jan 15 08:30:13 PST 2003

as a side issue for wheelchair users.....
i dont know if it would work for you, but a friend who is likewise wheeled
told me SHE uses some kind of gardnening gloves when she is in the kitchen..
two sizes to big.. so she can slide her hands in the gloves to wheel the
chair, and then back out to cook.

if its any consolation.. i dont use gloves much because i never mastered
cutting with them.  i do use them when i am cutting with scissors (like
chicken sometimes) and when handling raw meat like ground beef.. or boneless
breast or whatever.....
but i found out long ago that i cant seem to use a knife with them on
personally i think its psychological, but i still cant do it

i use towels too a lot for hot pads. depends on what i am trying to "grab"
but i will say that i alwasy bring a first aid kit... always.
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."