[Sca-cooks] potluck Safety

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Jan 15 10:57:37 PST 2003

oh yes... if it is being made for feast.. whether on or off site, most of
the cooks have some idea what the conditions will be, but potlucks are often
a "grab bag" of skill levels....
*most* people will do well, but some have either incorrect supplies, or an
incorrect idea of conditions on site

i do wish more potlucks and "buffet type" feasts had bowls of ice or warming
trays to keep things at decent temperatures....

i would be wary of anyone bringing food their first year at Pennsic, for
example.. because you just cant really understand the conditions until you
have done pennsic.... (guilty.. nearly poisoned myself! and i thought i was
prepped)

i guess its fortunate that i am intolerant of mayonaise, because that is a
primary breeding ground for a lot of nasties.
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."