[Sca-cooks] cooks first aid kit- the Chirurgeon speaks...

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass goldberg at bestweb.net
Thu Jan 16 02:56:31 PST 2003

> I always have my jump kit with me at events, so I don't generally think of
> having special stuff for kitchen usage. The Tavern event will be well
> covered- I'll be working with Avraham in the kitchen, so we'll have my
jump
> kit and experience, and his MD at need, for back up.

I'm actually not much use in an emergency. I'm NOT trained in emergency
medicine, so my reaction to most situations is to reach for a stethoscope
and blood pressure cuff. If I haven't got one, I'm more or less at a loss. I
can probably stabilize a broken limb without doing too much more damage to
it. I can do CPR, but I'm really trained to run a full-out "Code", which you
really can't do in the field unless you have a portable crash cart; not too
many people have epinephrine and atropine in their first aid kits.

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass (soon to be "of Sudentur")
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: An idea is not responsible for fools who believe in it.

---