[Sca-cooks] AED

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Thu Jan 16 09:44:55 PST 2003

an AED is an Automatic Electonic Defibrolator

they have become standard on airplanes, airports, schools, etc.

they are part of the new Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification.. and they
are designed to be used by any civilian who can push a button and undertsnd
english

the survival of most heart attack patients is *directly* in proportion to
how soon they can get to a defibrillator.  an AED is a defibrilator that is
able to be kept in "the feild"

they are required by most little leagues now.... and many sports teams

any moron can operate one.. *I* can operate one!!!
you follow the directions and push the button when the little voice says so:
"monitoring, do not touch patient"
"shock advised!"
"charging"
"stand clear"
"push button now"

honest it SAYS that.....
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."