[Sca-cooks] Viking Skillet (was Question about Camp Food)

Spnknffork at aol.com Spnknffork at aol.com
Tue Jan 21 13:42:59 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/21/2003 12:48:25 AM Central Standard Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

> Well, Gonza didn't specify time period- only Visigoth or Frankish. And I
> will admit a bias, as Frankish to me generally conjures Carolingian.
> Anthimus is 6th c, not 8th or 9th, so it didn't occur to me. That and I
> really don't know if he had a link to Franish territories or Visigothic
> Spain. Theodoric was Ostrogoth, and removed enough... I think of him as
> more Byzantine...

         Sorry folks for not specifying there was a method to my madness.
Gonza is from 6th/7th century Spain with a focus, more or less, during the
time of King Recceswinth. I'm generally interested in recipes that could
encompass 5th to 10th centuries mainly from the early Visigothic settlements
of Spain to the Gothic kingdom of Asturias in northern Spain (hence the
request for Frankish recipes). I'm mainly interested in recipes from the
Iberian Peninsula but would love to experiment with Germanic and late Roman
recipes from around the Mediterranean.

         Thankyou all for the help :-) and for the sewing machine assistance
awhile back too :-))

Gonza
Barony of Bjornsborg
Kingdom of Ansteorra