[Sca-cooks] OOP request: Jellied salad???

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Jan 23 06:48:18 PST 2003

All those casserole dishes like tuna with noodles and
the weird hamburger ones made with USDA surplus meats.

Also all the Friday fish dishes because it was easier to
make one dish than to make something extra for the Catholic students.

And the combinations like chili served with fritos and bananas.
I ended up sick after consuming that lunch and for years I couldn't
eat any of those foods. Just the thought would turn me green.

I never enjoyed lunch until high school when we were allowed to
buy a pepsi and a bag of chips. If they keep complaining about
students and their lunches, my son may never get that opportunity.
They may remove the vending machines. On the other hand, the schools
are going to need every dime they can get, so maybe the machines
will stay.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway