[Sca-cooks] OOP request: Jellied salad???

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Thu Jan 23 12:17:47 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "a5foil" <a5foil at ix.netcom.com>

> My mom used to make something similar, only with hot dogs slit open
> lengthwise, and real potatoes and cheddar cheese. We loved it -- real
kid
> food -- and so did my girls when I made it for them when they were
younger.

> Aelfwynn

I just thought I missed baloney boats from elementary school . . . "Hot
Dog Splits" has a whole new realm of possibility.  Think of a 1 ounce
scoop for the potatoes, maybe 2 ounce.  Split the doggy and place three
or four scoops in the new fissure.  The three toppings could be cheese
sauce, chili, and ketchup.  This actually has junk food legend all over
it . . . we're talking a good 'Dog here, not an Oscar Meyer or store
brand junker.  Now, if we did this with a bratwurst or the like, it
could be grown-up food for a diner type restaurant or ballpark.

Now,  use boudin blanc, potato croquettes and Mornay, demi-glace and
maybe some sort of beurre rouge(?), and you get the F____ types all up
in arms that we destroyed there cuisine with Cultural Imperialism.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco