[Sca-cooks] ebay garb

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Jan 24 06:40:44 PST 2003

Also sprach Olwen the Odd:
>Hey!  What's wrong with T-tunics?  I've been playing for oh, 14 years and I
>still wear the one piece of fabric T-tunics!  Of course I'm ninth century
>Welsh/Saxon so I suppose for some part, I'm overdressed.

Nothing at all wrong with T-tunics, and anyone who feels that they
can't look good, represent a great degree of costuming skill to do
correctly, or are not period either lies or is an ignoramus. They and
their ilk represent an important point in the evolution from draped
to tailored clothing (not to mention some relation to the evolution
of the loom in Europe).

Adamantius, who doesn't wear T-tunics, just dalmaticae and coptic shirts