[Sca-cooks] Oklahoma Liquor Laws

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 29 15:25:02 PST 2003

At 07:11 AM 1/29/03 -0800, you wrote:
>--

>I gave my son samples of anything he wanted to try when he wanted to try
it. Now, he drinks responsibly, and either makes sure there is a designated
driver (it's usually him) or he's not leaving the premises. I tried to be
as "matter of fact" about alcohol and its affect on the body.  No mystery,
no experimentation.
>Liadan

I don't quite do that, but in our family you can have a glass of
wine/champagne/whatever with the rest of us at holiday dinners and such
when you're 16. I figure that gives them a safe environment to satisfy
curiosity and to learn to handle it. They're a lot less likely to be stupid
at parties and such- why get loaded on Annie Green Springs when you've sat
at a table of people enjoying themselves while lingering over something
nice from Edouard's or Malcolm's collection? Like stealing a Yugo when you
own a Jaguar. Doesn't make sense.

'Lainie
-I like holidays. They make me warm and fuzzy. And chubby. ;-)