[Sca-cooks] Scotch Bonnets

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 16:16:53 PST 2003

 AF Murphy <afmmurphy at earthlink.net>  asked what to do with Scotch Bonnets.
I'd put them in a pretty glass bottle just big enough to hold them loosely packed and pour some hot vinegar over them.  Cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar, or even red wine vinegar, but none of that "distilled white vinegar" shtuff.  That's only good for cleaning glass, IMHO.  You can use the resulting pepper sauce as a dressing on just about any savory food, but it's best with greens or peas cooked with pork seasoning, and served with hot cornbread...Yum!  When you run out of vinegar in the bottle, just add more hot vinegar.  Can last for years like this.  Of course, I always end up eating a pepper or two with my peas or greens, so it doesn't last quite so long...

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt
mundanely Pat Griffin