[Sca-cooks] Romanian Cookbook (and pregnancy)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 11 21:47:06 PDT 2003

Petru 'cel Paros' voda posted:
> Greetings! I've finally managed to get a copy of the 17th century
> Romanian
> cookbook (translated from slavonic to latin script, however. The
> original
> slavonic version is not available on the market, unfortunately). It
> includes recipes for food and for other purposes, not all related to
> the
> kitchen, as you'll see...
What is the title of this book? Or any more indentifying information? I
plan to save the recipes you post to the Florilegium, so that others
can make use of this resource and more information on the book would be
useful to folks when they start quoting from your work or trying to
indicate for others where they got a recipe.

> Although I do not have time to post every single recipe
Please post what you can. More can be added later. But rather than
waiting until you have everything done, perhaps some folks can make use
of your work in the meantime.
> (I'm somewhat busy
> as my lady and I are expecting our firstborn in 5 weeks!!!)
Dongratulations! Are you going to continue your SCA activities with
this new addition to your family? If so, perhaps some of the files in
the CHILDREN section of the Florilegium might be of interest:
pregnancy-msg      (9K)  9/ 3/99    Pregnancy in period. Handling it in
the SCA.
   (probably a bit late for this one, but maybe you might find it
interesting)
Definitely too late for this one:
birth-control-msg (33K)  7/20/01    Period birth-control.
babies-msg       (103K)  2/ 2/01    Camping with babies.
baby-gifts-msg    (20K)  4/13/98    Period-type and SCA-useful baby
gifts.
baby-slings-msg    (9K)  2/ 2/01    Cloth slings for carrying your baby.
p-cradles-msg      (5K)  9/ 7/01    Period baby cradles.
teething-toys-msg (22K)  1/ 5/01    Period and SCA teething toys for
infants.

And in the CLOTHING section:
clothing-MN-msg   (62K)  9/14/99    Maternity and nursing garb.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com