[Sca-cooks] Fw: [Aten_Cooks](long) Feast Policy Draft for Review

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Tue Jul 1 06:03:08 PDT 2003

I guess until you have paid reservations in, a guess at the number attending is still a guess based on the attendence at the past kingdom event (coronation, etc.) even sixmonths to a year out. Five years ago the number of feast reservations at our kingdom/ large baronial events was often 200-250. This last year the feasts that I have seen reservations available for were 100-150. I think too many people have quit eating feasts coupled with too many people getting stuck with large amounts of overbought unsold food. We also have a new senechal, a fairly new kingdom exchequer and current royalty who have taken fiscal responsibility for our kingdom to heart.

    The servers they mention are the ones that are comped. This means that if you ask for servers to help out at the feast, they will either have already paid or never intended on eating/staying for feasts anyway until they decide to help out.

    No one is protesting this so far in Atenveldt. It will basically cap what we can spend without extremely good reason, but I am still looking for the possibility that we still might accidently tie our hands behind our back if our finance commitee will not even look at great ideas that might cost just a little more, and maybe our cooks not being able to eek out the most from our money because we have made the purse strings a little too tight.

Cecily