[Sca-cooks] Fw: [Aten_Cooks](long) Feast Policy Draft for Review

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Sat Jul 5 17:57:43 PDT 2003

My thoughts were that they wanted the cook to propose the number they
were planning the feast for.  Down here we usually set a limit.  I know
that Baronial Birthday recently had a cut of feast number of like 80.
 When I was talking to the King (Prince at the time) about budget
planning and head counts he seemed to feel that trying to give an
estimated head count was impossible or not worth his time cooking that
feast.  It was needless to say an interesting discussion that never
really got finished due to his becoming King... lol.  Still I think he
was mostly upset that someone was challenging the requested cook for an
event over the price per person that she asked for after the budget had
been done.  (She got what she wanted btw) ((Which I agreed with as well
as that event was done about 2-3 months as opposed to 6 months to a
year.  And she had just gotten the cooking position after the event bid
was accepted.))
So is it really that hard to plan for one number but hold off on actual
numbers or shopping until the week of?  That was what they seemed to be
proposing to me.  It sounds like they are asking for the cook to
basically say I can cook this feast for this number for this much.  If
they sell more spots than that the cook simply gets that amount or they
just make that the cut off number and if they sell less sppace they
simply cut down the amounts.   Am I off in left field here or what?
Nichola