[Sca-cooks] Wonderful news from Lochac

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Sat Jul 12 00:40:33 PDT 2003

Brekke did scribe...
>I seem to recall a really funny post a couple of years ago, in regard to
another "late prep" peerage >sewing/dying project...  I hope you avoid the
equivalent disasters!  "It's heavy wool, in >midsummer", and "my hands are
GREEN!" were a couple of the more memorable quotes, as I >recall.

LOL! - Drakey - my beloved Consort & friend (but no more than that) is the
Grand-Poohbah Klutz of our particular Kingdom - or so at least his
self-damage tales would leave us to believe, and I devoutly pray & hope that
such adventures fail to befall me.
And I note that since he's meet his Lovely new lady - Anywn - that his
adventures & disasters seem to have diminished.  It's good to see that she
takes such brilliant care of our Boy :-)

>You'll have one good outfit to keep OUT of the kitchen.  (I frequently
bring my good linen dress >& silk overdress for court, and plan to change
into them, if I have the time.)  I cook in my cotton >outfits, and sometimes
in wool.  And frequently don't change.

Yes... and therein is the problem - there will be ever-so few events I can
trot it out to. Ah well - I'll just have to win the Lottery and begin my
Grand Wayfaring Adventures to far lands & kitchens :-p

and on the OFC - I & 2 others are about to organise a menu for an upcoming
Tudor event.  I have a couple of relevant cookbooks to hand (Good Huswife's
Jewel & some others) but any ideas on how to structure the courses would be
dandy!

:-)

Mari de Paxford
(aka Sue Laing)