[Sca-cooks] Cooking Couscous for 200

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jul 17 13:14:03 PDT 2003

>  I know I have seen people give their secrets for cooking large amounts
>of rice but what about couscous for 200 people? I'd like to cook it with
>a chicken broth since it is going underneath a chicken recipe. I will
>probally bake it instead of doing it on the stove. I'm more or less
>looking for a ratio of broth versus dry couscous.

Don't bother baking it. Put the dry cous-cous in a pan at least double
its depth. Heat the appropriate amount of broth to boiling. Pour broth in.
Stir. Cover. Walk away. Come back in 10 minutes. Done!

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Freedom is expensive, dangerous, unpredictable, and sometimes ugly
and offensive. At such a high price, no wonder it is sweet."
-- John N. Barry, _Library Journal_, January 1992